I’m super happy to post this update.
Here’s what’s happened since I started re-skinning the level exterior, and detailing the interior. FYI still a lot of WIP art, most notably the large hanging sculpture in the center of the main atrium.
- Created a dozen or so models for the exterior. Really would like more to match the architectural look I’m going for. Will need a seperate post to explain those.
- Pieced the models together into the building exterior, after painstakingly removing the old geometry.
- Brought in some portal2 assets, placed in level.
- Major lighting and fx pass.
- Detailed interior geometry and texturing.
- A few semi-major flow changes which might get rolled back.
- Not pictured – radar (minimap) texture is in, in a basic form.
- Nav mesh work.
- Fog/sky work. The building is shorter now, so the effect it has on the shadows from other buildings is bothering me, might raise the building back up.